- Jet fuel contains aluminium, which is extremely dangerous to all biological life on Earth.
- Aerosols are very small particles that are suspended in the atmosphere.
- The human brain barrier offers NO protection from nanoparticle pollution, which is why nanoparticles can be deposited directly into the brain.
- Aerosols in the lower atmosphere can modify the size of cloud particles, changing how the clouds reflect and absorb sunlight.
- Jet fuel contains high concentrations of sulphur - about 1000 ppm. In comparison, the sulphur content in diesel fuel is 10 ppm, ie. approx. 100 times lower than that in jet fuel.
- About 5 billion people use airplanes as a means of transport every year worldwide.
- Aviation has an impact on the environment due to aircraft engines emitting noise, particulates and gases, which contribute to climate change and global dimming.
- Aerosols from jet plane engines scatter and absorb sunlight. Scattering sunlight can reduce visibility (haze) and redden sunrises and sunsets.
Top registered airlines within the last month
Short lived trails
Persistent non-spreading trails
Persistent spreading trails
1 Southwest Airlines